Legend Rock State Petroglyph Site is one of the oldest and best examples of Dinwoody rock art in the world. The Dinwoody tradition features large anthropomorphic and zoomorphic petroglyphs. Hot Springs State Park is looking for volunteers to be ambassadors for the site. Volunteers will serve as interpretive guides for the Spirit Trail along the rock art panel and in the Visitor Center.
- The site is open from May 1st through September 30th
- Hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. daily
*Volunteers are not expected to work all hours that the site is open. Site staff will accommodate your schedule.*
Legend Rock daily duties:
- Unlock and open the site gate;
- Open the Visitor Center and clean as needed;
- Greet visitors and answer questions;
- Provide tours along the Spirit Trail;
- Clean and restock the sanitary facility as needed;
- Close and lock the site at the end of the day.
Site Superintendent, Kevin Skates: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Superintendet, John Fish, at email@example.com
Hot Springs State Park: 307-864-2176